Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Challenges

I am a perfectionist. Although this may not be apparent, and may seem counterintuitive, perfectionism can be a hinderance in high school and college. I am often assigned homework where the instructions are not clear or overly complex. I find it very difficult to do these assignments because I do not have a straightforward method or plan of what to do. Instead of doing the assignments quickly while trying to interpret what is needed, I often become stressed and struggle to find motivation to complete them because I do not have a "checklist" to follow. I can spend hours on what is a simple assignment for others, often being overly thorough. Perfectionism can be a good thing in moderation, but I need to reign it in for me to achieve all that I can going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment